Broken and clogged sewer pipes can harm your Birmingham, AL property and create a serious health hazard for everyone in the vicinity. When this happens, you need reliable and qualified plumber to perform sewer pipe repairs.
Common Symptoms of Sewer Pipe Problems
Here are some common indications that you may have a sewer line problem on your hands:
- Tubs and sinks drain slowly.
- A nasty smell is coming from your drains.
- Sewage is backing up in sinks, toilets, and tubs.
- You hear strange gurgling noises in the drains.
- Lush green grassy patches are appearing on your lawn.
- There are dips or indentations on your lawn or paved surfaces.
- You have foundation cracks and sinkholes.
- There’s septic waste on the surface of your property.
- You have rodent or insect infestations that don’t respond to pest control remedies.
Sewer Pipe Repairs
The easiest way to fix a clogged sewer pipe is to clear obstructions with water jetting or power rod systems. Broken pipes can also be relined with a heavy-duty sleeve that effectively seals off the interior of the broken pipe. Another possible solution is that a new pipe can be installed inside of a broken one.
Sewer Pipe Replacement
Trenchless sewer line repair is less expensive and less damaging than a total pipe replacement. Using the relining method, your plumber can create a pipe within a pipe using an industrial-grade epoxy that molds to the inside of a damaged pipe. This method may be performed using your home’s clean-out access. Digging is minimal. Pipe relining is effective with root damage, cracks, missing pieces of pipe and underground joint connections.
To learn more about solutions for sewer line problems in Birmingham, AL, contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing. To schedule a plumbing inspection, or if you need a reliable emergency plumbing service, call us at (205) 236-4067.