Sewer Pipe Repair & Replacement in Birmingham, AL and Surrounding Areas
Broken sewer lines can cause considerable property damage and present a health hazard. Sewer pipe repair projects can also be expensive, so it’s important to partner with a plumbing contractor who is completely skilled and experienced in every phase of sewer pipe replacement and repair. The professionals at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing will find the most cost-effective way to fix your sewer line without compromising on quality.
Common Signs of Sewer Pipe Problems
If you think you might have sewer pipe problems, you probably do. Tree roots growing inside of your sewer pipe create the majority of blockage issues. If the clog isn’t cleared, raw sewage can bubble up and create a cesspool on the surface of your property. Here are some of the common signs that point to a broken sewer pipe:
- Strange gurgling noises coming from your drains and toilets
- Obnoxious odors emanating from the drains
- Low water levels in your toilets
- Backed up sewage in the tub, sink or toilet
- Showers and bathtubs that drain slowly
Sewer Line Repair Process
Our plumbing technicians can evaluate the damage to your existing sewer pipes and design a strategy to return your sewer system to full working order.
- Bursting: When pipes have suffered severe damage, we can literally pull a new sewer pipe straight through the old one. Broken sections can be replaced with new seamless pipe using a hydraulic method.
- Cleaning: In some cases, using water jetting and power rodding systems will clear the obstructions and clogs.
- Pipe Relining: If your sewer pipe breakdown isn’t that severe, we’ll clean out the old pipe and use a flexible sleeve to line the interior. The material is very durable and hardens in just as few hours. This system has a proven track record of reliability and long service life.
Sewer Line Replacement
Unfortunately, the damage to a sewer pipe can be so severe that repair isn’t possible. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing provides trenchless repair services that are less intrusive and costly than traditional methods. We use an industrial-grade epoxy pumped right into the damaged pipe that cures into a hard, strong shell. The process completely seals leaks, cracks and breeches.
If we’re left with no other choice, we use pipe leak and hydraulic pressure tests to find the best way to remove the old pipe with minimal damage to your property. Our excavations are always conducted by certified professionals in a safe and sanitary environment.
Total Sewer Repair and Restoration Services
If you have any problems with your Birmingham, Hoover, Vestavia Hills, Pelham, AL and surrounding area home’s sewer system, call us today. Our technicians will locate the problem and provide the best solution available to fix it. You can count on Benjamin Franklin Plumbing to provide prompt, reliable plumbing services have a built-in guarantee, so you’ll be completely satisfied in addition to peace of mind of a job well done.